OMAHA REMEMBERS JFK
A Memorial of Remembrance for President John F. Kennedy will be held at noon on November 22, 2013 at Memorial Park, 6005 Underwood Avenue, Omaha, Nebraska.
The memorial service will commence at noon with a welcome and introduction by Event Chairman James P. Cavanaugh and a moment of silent remembrance. A piper will lead the presentation of the colors by the Benson High School Junior ROTC Color Guard, and the Ancient Order of Hibernians Honor Guard.
The presentation will include:
- Douglas County Register of Deeds Diane Battiato singing the National Anthem.
- Rev. George Sullivan, S.J. (Former President of Creighton Prep) offering a benediction of remembrance for President Kennedy
- Omaha Irish Cultural Center President John Corrigan
- Irish American Cultural Institute President Dr. Richard Murphy
- State Senator Burke Harr
- State Senator and Ret. USAF Lieutenant Colonel Bob Krist
- Douglas County Treasurer John Ewing
- Athena Ramos (Justice for Our Neighbors Board Member and Program Coordinator of the Center for Reducing Health Disparities at UNMC)
- Thomas Gouttierre (Director of the Center for Afghanistan Studies, Dean of International Studies & Programs at UNO)
The program will include remembrances of President Kennedy’s visits to Nebraska, major accomplishments of the Kennedy Administration, and the impact of President Kennedy’s legacy on America and the World.
The memorial service will conclude with Miss Nebraska JaCee Pilkington singing God Bless America, followed by TAPS.
For more information, please contact James P. Cavanaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org.