A Memorial of Remembrance for President John F. Kennedy will be held at noon on November 22, 2013 at Memorial Park, 6005 Underwood Avenue, Omaha, Nebraska.
The memorial service will commence with a moment of silent remembrance, followed by the presentation of the colors by the Benson High School ROTC.
Douglas County Register of Deeds, Diane Battiato, will sing the National Anthem.
Speakers will include:
- Welcome and introduction by Event Chairman, James P. Cavanaugh
- Rev. George Sullivan, S.J. (former President of Creighton Prep) will offer a benediction of remembrance for President Kennedy
- Omaha Irish Cultural Center President, John Corrigan
- State Senator Burke Harr
- State Senator and Ret. USAF Lieutenant Colonel Bob Krist
- Douglas County Treasurer John Ewing
- Athena Ramos (Justice for Our Neighbors Board Member and Program Coordinator of the Center for Reducing Health Disparities at UNMC)
The program will include remembrances of President Kennedy’s visits to Nebraska, major accomplishments of the Kennedy Administration and the impact of President Kennedy’s legacy on America and the World.
The memorial service will conclude with Miss Nebraska JaCee Pilkington singing God Bless America, followed by TAPS.
For more information, please contact James P. Cavanaugh at or email@example.com.